Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lots of birthdays

Our birthday party for Ben went great, I grilled in the backyard, Bebe made an amazing cake, and everyone had a wonderful time. Halfway through our fun was interrupted, though, when Bebe went into labor a bit early! All of the guests were shocked, it was crazy...but I was amazingly calm considering the circumstances. I ended up getting Bebe a taxi and I got the house set, dropped Ben off with Bebe's dad, and headed over to the hospital in plenty of time. A few hours later, we were blessed with a little girl. We've named her Becca.



Bebe ended up staying in the hospital a bit longer this time around - she had been pretty stressed during the pregnancy and the doctors wanted to keep an eye on her and also just give her a bit to relax. I took advantage of this time away, though - I've been secretly putting away money from my paychecks to save up for a remodel, and I had the interior of the house completely gutted and redone while she was away. I told the contractors the situation and they brought in double the team they normally do and got it done so quickly, I couldn't believe it! Bebe was amazed when she came home and saw everything...she especially loved the nursery I set up for the kids. Little does she know I have more plans when it comes to the house, I just need a bit more time and money.



-David Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment