Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Double promotions!!

Today is my 30th birthday, which I was really dreading but David made it completely amazing. I've had a wonderful day and can't wait for dinner later - we're getting a baby-sitter and going out for the first time in a while!

I got a call this afternoon from Grace and she told me that they were so impressed with my performance yesterday, despite all the time I've had off, and she's promoting me to Spice Runner! I was so excited, I hung up with her and called David at work right away. He was so happy...he loves having kids and wants to have more, but he was so worried they would delay my own personal goals. So far, we're good!

David came home today wearing a new jacket...and announced he was promoted, too! A few weeks back, Gobias checked out the experiment David's been working on at work and asked him to run a seminar at a Symposium held yearly at the Doo Peas Corporate Towers. He attended that over the weekend and I guess he caught the eye of a few guests from the hospital and they offered him a position there. David's passion is science and he wasn't really planning on leaving, but he approached Gobias about it, who was absolutely against it. He went to his boss and told him, but turns out his boss had attended the Symposium as well and really took an interest in David. They called David in and offered him a promotion and a raise on the spot!

David is now a Genetic Resequencer and he got an amaaaazing bonus (1,956 Simoleons!!)! I'm so excited!



-Bebe Parker

1 comment: